Be Curious



Tip number 34 in the book "50 WAYS TO SUCCESS" by Salim Mohammed Kea

Be Curious

Though it may have killed the cat, curiosity has its reason for existing. Find out! The world belongs to those who do. There is a vast world out there waiting to be explored, and only curiosity can lead you there. Through curiosity, you learn through learning you recreate yourself you become able to do things you never were able to do and extend your capacity to create. Learn something every day, be curious.

If it were not for curiosity to discover then many could not have changed their mindsets towards student leaders in schools. I was a leader by birth, and I got the chance to lead in school. Maybe I give out my leadership statistics from primary level to secondary level. I was ever curious to find out how leaders do their things, interact with their subjects and even to know how they do change situations or bring a change. My dear if you haven’t been a leader then my curiosity led to discover that everyone is a born leader or a leader by birth. We are born with the same values, but while we grow, we tend to nurture some and neglect others. Here the theory of use and disuse works, if you do something or your practice on it frequently then the better you will be in it or on it. Take this in consideration-: how could you manage your time if you are not a leader? How could you shape your behavior if you aren’t a leader? Only leaders do this; you can bring the change you dream of by leading yourself to the right path. We succeed because we drive ourselves to the best.

In summary, I was a school president both in primary and secondary school level. Funny enough my leadership era had a coincidence in both levels for I began as a class representative before being promoted to those higher positions. All in all, the high school leadership era was amazing. Imagine; oh no! Don’t imagine it is true I just got a promotion the first three days while informing one to be the dining hall captain or so-called secretary. Imagine a form one being pointed and being able to lead the seniors my dear it was a one-person army I had no deputy for the post was newly introduced in school. My hard work was as clear as daylight and thus I was again promoted to be the boarding secretary having two deputies that time Aidarus Mohammed Ali and Wilson Odhiambo, they had a similar effort, and through this, I had to recommend one of them to be the DH captain.

Lets make the long story short. I being the president many cowards of change they hated me for reasons best known by themselves, they spoke ill about me until when Faith’s curiosity led a new path for all to embrace. Kudos to her. Below is her exploration that was geared through interest.

“Like it or not honesty is the best policy. I may start. Okay, this is hard but am going to do it anyway. I first met kea when I was still very new in MFA. I heard about him from some of the girls in our class who were speaking about him. But being honest they were not speaking anything excellent or pleasing. They talked about how inhuman, judgmental, arrogant, bossy, dictator and a very unkind person you were.

Of course, I got curious and wanted to know more about you. See this person they were talking about. Naturally, am somebody who hates seeing others suffering, so I was angry with all that I heard? Time went by, and I got time to meet you. I was friendly as always, then we spoke. I did not find you to be mean but friendly. You welcomed me in school, and you seemed cool.

Then a time came that I needed your help with a problem I had with one of your student leaders. You seemed understanding and helped me sort out the issue or instead offered your advice whichever time I may need it. Knowing you has been fun.

Everyone, of course, has his negativity because they are only human and you my dear you are not perfect. This is what I think when you will make the inside you be clear to all. By you doing this I think will make you fit in the life cycle of most people you lead and interact with. You are a leader in school, and once you go out there you might get another opportunity to drive, so make a change.

And so, I think sometimes you are very quick in decision making. You make your decisions hastily. Learn to listen to others and make the best decisions. Other peoples views also are fundamental for you can’t be right always. Try being somehow fun and not too much serious with life to reduce boredom.

All in all, you are a go-gutter, bold, courageous, firm in your decisions, somehow kind and understanding. I see a more excellent person in future living life in a good way. I pray that the Almighty God may bless you, shower you with His blessings. You have been a good friend to me indeed both loving and kind.

I will surely miss you though we were not so much close I learnt to love you just the way you were
though you crossed paths with my friends I still find you to be a right person opposite to how people thought you were.

I wish you all the best in life.

Yours sincerely,
Faith Kwamboka.


Be curious, and success will be within you! I am curious about how one becomes a president in
Kenya and you there be interested to know how I will reach there and prepare to succeed me after
my rule.

Comments

  1. Congrats Mr Kea I really like your thoughts keep up updating us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Take Action

CAMPUS: AN EARTHLY PARADISE.